Tracking System helps against scooter theft
For the first time a stolen vehicle was recovered via the gps tracking system. Hundreds of owners have had them built in. “Of course this is positive, but we aren’t there yet”, says director Wouter Verkerk of the Insurance Bureau of Vehicle Criminality (VbV). “Scooters are a favorite among criminals and yearly about 13.000 of them are stolen, of which only 25% is ever recovered.”
For this reason the cooperating parties did the ultimate effort to put a hold to this development. Under the banner ‘Hands off my scooter’ owners of the thousands of Euros worth of vehicles, were introduced to the benefits of gps tracking systems. The additional €200 investment is quickly returned, because scooter drivers get a substantial discount on their insurance premiums and a discount on their ‘own risk’ of €125.
The largest moped insurer, Unigarant Insurances, was the first to promote these systems amongst its policy holders. “And with positive results, because the first stolen moped with tracking system installed could quickly be recovered and returned to the rightful owner”, says the VbV spokesperson.
News from the year 2003 up ’till now
– (pdf)Achmea with new innovation from TrackTrace.net in magazine ‘New Harvest’
– (link) Expensive Audi recoverd thanks to ClickTrace Track and Trace
– (link)Another machine found back thanks to ClickTrace Track and Trace
– (pdf) TrackTrace.net in magazine ‘Agra power’
– (link) TrackTrace.net & Achmea make fist against copper theft
– (pdf) TrackTrace.net in magazine ‘The Contractor’
– (pdf) TrackTrace.net in ‘Park and Garden Technique’ magazine
– (pdf) Achmea with new innovation from TrackTrace.net in ‘Fruit Cultivation’ Magazine
– (pdf) ClickTrace Track & Trace North Holland Daily
– (pdf) ClickTrace Track & Trace in newspaper NRC handelsblad
– (pdf) ClickTrace Track & Trace in het popular science magazine “Quest”
– (pdf)Stolen truck recovered thanks to GPS System
– (pdf) Stolen car found back in Germany thanks to GPS system
– (pdf) Truck with load valued at €170000,- recovered thanks to GPS system
– (pdf) Landrover found back thanks to GPS system
– (pdf) Suspect of diamand theft ABN caught thanks to GPS system
– (pdf) Stolen car found back after only 15 minutres thanks to GPS system
Om bovenstaande artikelen te kunnen lezen, heeft u Adobe Reader nodig. Indien Adobe Reader niet op uw computer is geïnstalleerd, klik dan hier om deze te downloaden.